Brondell Thinline SimpleSpa
Ridiculously inexpensive, smartly designed and simply effective.
A quick look at the pros and cons of Brondell's newest bidet attachment.
☑ Some of the most durable valves available - no risk of leaking.
☑ Looks fantastic compared to most other bidet attachments.
☑ Thin enough to not cause toilet seat tilt.
☑ Easy installation.
☒ Only one nozzle means some shifting is required for a feminine cleanse.
☒ Lack of warm water may bother those sensitive to cold water.
Misc: Bonus for its sleek appearance.
A classic bidet attachment with modern looks. Don't expect to be blown away by its features list and stay away if warm water and feminine cleansings are a must, but Brondell has nailed the basic bidet attachment. You'd be hard pressed to find a comparably sexy and functional bidet at this price point.
First, the basics:
- This is a bidet attachment, not a full bidet seat.
- There is one nozzle for posterior cleaning.
- It has a manual nozzle cleaning function.
- It houses the nozzle behind a guard piece to keep it clean and sanitary for each use.
- The nozzle automatically retracts after you finish using it.
- Non-electric (uses only your home’s water pressure to operate).
- It will fit virtually almost all two-piece toilets.
- It comes in white only.
- You will need a screwdriver and possibly a wrench to install.
- The water pressure is controlled by twisting a knob.
- Twist right for rear wash, left for nozzle cleaning.
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Extremely robust, durable brass and ceramic valves.
- It’s no surprise that Brondell has included a proprietary, high-quality valve in their new Bidet attachment. After being in the industry for so long now, the folks over at Brondell have a good idea of what their customers expect.
- A unique silhouette.
- Extremely thin.
- Brondell has made a point of making sure this bidet attachment doesn’t throw off the zen of your bathroom experience in any way by making an attachment that sits very comfortably under the lid of your toilet without that classic bidet attachment tilt you might experience with other bidets.
- Easy to install.
- Like most bidet attachments, it will take around ten minutes to install.
- Can be adjusted to fit nearly any toilet. Brondell uses adjustable plates with slots to ensure it will fit no matter the dimensions of your seat’s attachment (as long as it is a two-piece toilet).
- An one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- No warm water option.
- Definitely an issue if you live in colder areas. The icy blast of H2O up the wazoo can be startling at best, an icy terror at worst.
- Only one nozzle.
- For men, no issue at all, but for women looking for a more sanitary rear AND frontal cleanse, this could be an issue. Some scooting and shifting around solves the problem, but there are definitely other bidets which may not be quite as sexy, but can deliver frontal and rear cleansing for the same price.