The SmartBidet SB-110 Review
SmartBidet has streamlined their look without compromising features in this exceptional addition to their ranks.
|Learns when to save power||Can't turn off heated seat/water|
|Unique bowl premisting function||Large tank reservoir|
|Price is right||Lid is too weak to sit on|
- This is a bidet seat, so it will be replacing your old toilet seat. Find a place to toss that thing because you’re never going back to it.
- It is electric, so you will need access to a power outlet (three pronged).
- It comes in only the elongated size, so be sure that your toilet bowl depth is at least 20 inches.
- Comes in white.
- You will need a Phillips-head screwdriver (and possibly a flat-head screwdriver, depending on how your old toilet seat is mounted) for installation.
- All other installation components are included.
- The control panel on the side of the unit controls all functions.
- The nozzle self-cleans and retracts after each use.
- Nozzle cap can be removed for easier, more thorough cleaning.
- The water is heated instantly, as there is no reservoir.
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Rear cleanse
- Your typical bidet function.
- Front cleanse
- For feminine cleaning.
- Turbo cleanse
- Nearly enema-level pressure. This is for when you need to really blast the undercarriage.
- Oscillating cleanse
- Available for rear, front and turbo cleansing functions.
- The wand will move back and forth while spraying, so you don’t miss anything.
- Kids’ mode
- Automatically runs the rear wash for 30 seconds followed by a minute of the dryer.
- Nozzle position, water pressure and dryer temp are all toned down a bit to suit a child.
- Warm-air dryer
- Five settings for water pressure
- Wand position adjustment
- So you don’t have to move on the seat as much to get a thorough cleanse.
- Slowly closing seat and lid
- The lid won’t slam shut, but rather slowly close.
- Heated seat and water with three temperature options for each
- Quick release seat for easy cleaning
- Flip a switch on the rear and pull the unit off to clean it/underneath it.
- Self-cleaning wand
- Cleaned before and after each use.
- Eco mode
- Will lower the temperature of the reservoir tank and the seat while not in use.
- Seat sensor
- Won’t activate any of the features unless there is a booty on the bidet.
- Useful for curious kids and house guests.
- Wand cleaning mode
- Full suite of features.
- SmartBidet have crammed features up the wazoo of the SB-110. All of them are useful and everything works as you’d hope.
- The oscillate feature is especially nice. Being able to combo it with any other wash function is a major win.
- The turbo function is actually quite powerful and is just a few PSI away from an enema. Recommend for those with especially messy bathroom sessions.
- Instant water heating system.
- A fantastic feature that provides instant, unlimited warm water directly to ya bum. Usually found in higher priced units, seeing this in an entry-level bidet seat is wonderfully surprising.
- Replaceable nozzle cap.
- Just twist the cap and pop it off.
- This makes cleaning and maintenance a lot easier.
- Durable construction.
- SmartBidet have forged a herculean bidet seat, one that can accommodate up to 440 pounds.
- Everything else feels very sturdy and built to last as well.
- Clean look.
- The SB-110 was the first of SmartBidet’s attempts to redesign their bidet seats. Previously, their models looked quite utilitarian. Thankfully, the new design looks sleeker and more modern.
- Great customer service.
- With any product, there will be reports of users experiencing some defective units. While this isn’t good (obviously), the SmartBidet team has been quick to respond with replacements at no cost.
- Smaller seat opening.
- The bidet seat will be a bit smaller than your old seat in regards to the opening. This might be problematic for larger users.
- Water heater can be a little erratic.
- While it functions well 90% of the time, the water heater can sometimes provide dips in temperature. While not a huge problem, it can be slightly annoying.
- No pulsating/massage cleanse.
- I’ve grown to really like this feature, as have many others who suffer from hemorrhoids and/or constipation.