The GenieBidet AB-2000
A beautiful, thin, unique bidet attachment with functional cold-water front and rear cleanse. GenieBidet raises the bar.
|Refreshingly unique appearance.||No warm water.|
|Satisfying knob operation.||Still raises seat back enough to create slight gap between seat and rim.|
|Thinner than most bidet attachments.||No manual nozzle cleaning option.|
|Dual nozzles or rear and feminine cleansing.|
First, the GenieBidet’s basics:
- This is a bidet attachment, not a full bidet seat.
- There are two nozzles; one for posterior cleaning and another for feminine cleaning.
- It has an automatic nozzle cleaning function.
- Non-electric (uses only your home’s water pressure to operate).
- It will fit virtually almost all two-piece toilets.
- It comes in white only.
- You will need a screwdriver and possibly a wrench to install.
- The water pressure is controlled by twisting a knob.
- Twist right for feminine cleanse, left for rear wash.
- The nozzle automatically retracts after you finish using it.
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Solid brass t-adapter and ceramic valves.
- This is something I have come to think of as required in a bidet attachment. GenieBidet are following the trend of providing slightly more costly bidet attachments that have much higher quality.
- Striking looks.
- The GenieBidet attachment is so different from other bidets in terms of appearance. It is thinner (about 1/8”) than most others and sports a minimalist knob as the bidet control.
- If you want something that looks nothing like the other, mostly boring bidet attachments, there aren’t many other options.
- Easy to install.
- Like most bidet attachments, it will take around ten minutes to install.
- Can be adjusted to fit nearly any toilet. GenieBidet uses adjustable plates with slots to ensure it will fit no matter the dimensions of your seat’s attachment (as long as it is a two-piece toilet).
- Dual nozzles.
- For around $40 at most vendors, the GenieBidet manages to impress with separate nozzles for rear and feminine cleansing.
- An one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- No warm water option.
- The GenieBidet AB-2000 is sleek to a fault. The minimalist design leaves no room for a warm water connection or control.
- Could be an issue in colder areas.
- Raises the back of the toilet seat up, creating a slight forward angle.
- Despite being the thinnest bidet attachment I’ve seen, there is still a gap that is created after installing, despite GenieBidet advertising the opposite.
- Not a big problem, as toilet seat risers are available and, honestly, the gap created is hardly noticeable once you’ve sat down.