The Luxe Bidet Neo 120
Luxe Bidet’s most popular model. Does it do enough to stand apart from the competition?
|Extremely affordable||Plastic t-fitting (piece that connects unit to water supply) may leak|
|Easy to operate||No warm water option might be tough in colder climates|
|Ceramic and metal internal valve will outlast plastic|
|Nozzle protected by splash guard|
If you aren’t going route of the electric bidet, the Luxe Bidet Neo 120 is a great entry point.
First, the basics:
- This is a bidet attachment, not a full bidet seat.
- It has a bidet feature and a nozzle cleaning feature.
- Non-electric (uses only your home’s water pressure to operate).
- It will fit virtually any toilet.
- It comes with blue or white accents.
- You will need a screwdriver and possibly a wrench to install.
- Luxe Bidet says that everything required for installation is included, including tools. This means a plastic wrench. You might want a beefier steel one, but the included plastic one serves its purpose for the most part.
- All other installation components are included.
- The water pressure is controlled by turning a dial.
- The nozzle automatically retracts when the bidet isn’t being used.
- There is a splash-guard of sorts that blocks the nozzle and its housing from coming into contact with bodily fluids.
- Eighteen-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Very affordable.
- A fraction more expensive than the Astor Fresh Water Spray bidet, this falls into the extreme-value category of bidets.
- There are enough additional features to make the slight step up in price from the cheapest bidets worth it.
- The eighteen-month warranty makes this a sound investment.
- The bidet function works very well.
- The water pressure is controlled by a dial that is clearly marked. The second dial, beneath, changes the function from bidet use to self cleaning.
- As with all bidet attachments, the nozzle doesn’t adjust its position, so it’s up to you to do that to achieve thorough cleansing.
- Easy to install.
- Like most bidet attachments, it will take around ten minutes to install. Here is a video of the process provided by Luxe Bidet.
- Can be adjusted to fit nearly any toilet. Luxe Bidet uses adjustable plates with slots to ensure it will fit no matter the dimensions of your seat’s attachment (as long as it is a two-piece toilet).
- The nozzle automatically extends and retracts and is protected by a splash-guard.
- When you activate the water, the nozzle will extend and begin to spray.
- When you stop the flow of water, the nozzle retracts, keeping it clean for the next use.
- The splash-guard blocks the nozzle and housing from the front and opens like a door so that you can easily access the nozzle itself.
- Internal valve is made from ceramic and metal.
- This should provide durability that outlasts plastic.
- An eighteen-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Some models (a very small percentage) had issues with inner tubing after several months, resulting in leaks. Having a year-long warranty goes a long way towards taking this from a decent purchase to a great investment.
- Plastic t-fitting can be very hit or miss.
- Many users report leaks with the included t-fitting and needed to go back to Amazon and purchase a replacement.
- No warm water option.
- Budget bidets, oh how colder climates can make you severely less enjoyable. If you live in the frozen northlands, be warned: the water hitting your sensitive areas will be the same temperature as the ground that houses the pipes.
- Raises the back of the toilet seat up, creating a slight forward angle.
- This can be slightly uncomfortable as well as a bit unattractive.
- This is inherent in bidet attachments, however. Any other bidet attachment review is going to mention the same problem.
- An easy fix is available, as most home-improvement stores offer toilet seat risers to increase the height of the front of the seat, so that it is level.